Displacement






I came across a video on facebook wherein the content creator talks about how visiting his school back in high school triggers him and made him angry without him knowing where it came from, then it hit him, the event made him remember all of the traumatic incidents that occurred to him due to bullying, listening to him, I felt validated that finally, someone who has a powerful voice can speak about the trauma and span of time you have to carry the negative effect of bullying.


I was bullied when I was in elementary, this particular girl would steal from me and from others then frame me of doing it, she was the teacher's pet and nobody would dare go against her so everything that she'll say will be the "truth".


I was neglected by my family growing up as well, so the basic hygiene kit would be a struggle for me to obtain, the simple shampoo, bath soap, toothpaste, and laundry detergent were something I always dreamed of because I stunk so bad, I will take a bath with just water, will not have the toothbrush to brush my teeth with, my uniform will only be washed with water, nothing more, all of these are weaponised against me and will be a constant reminder that I can be easily bullied just because.


There was this one time that I shoplifted a P6 pesos bread just so I can eat for the day, I was caught by my classmates and it would later spread to the whole class and other sections. I am and will never be proud of this mistake I did, but I know that in the future, this will be used against me to manipulate me and break my confidence again, secrets will no longer hold any power if you're the one to make it public and accept it wholeheartedly.


There's more to this story but I feel this is enough, I now feel that finally the chains of this bullying can come to an end. To the people who are bullying other people, I know that a lot if not all, are just using Displacement as their defense mechanism, but please know that it's not valid to hurt people just because you are hurt too, there's a lot of things that can be dine alternatively, just think twice before hurting other, good or bad, karma will get back to you a hundred folds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Survival Becomes a Habit

When Life Gets Heavy

Through the Eyes of Time